Sunday, April 28, 2013

Spring Picnic Meetup!

Hello everyone!
This weekend I attended the local lolita group's spring picnic meet up, hosted by my friend Kendall. (I helped!)
It was a really nice meet up and for Kendall and I started at 8:00 the night before. We made up all the sandwiches and cupcakes and whatnot, though Kendall did way more than I did. She even made the bread for the sandwiches! The menu was Vanilla cupcakes with strawberry buttercream icing, turkey and cheese sandwiches, cucumber sandwiches, tea, lemonade, and croissants.
The next morning we got up about 7:30 to get ready, put together and what not. Since Kendall is new to lolita she doesn't have any clothes of her own yet so I put together outfits for both of us as well as my sister, Savannah, who attends the meetups as well.
Since it was a picnic I wanted all of our outfits to be springy.


For Kendall I did a more classical outfit since she likes that style and did it with a kind of mori twist to it; layering, ruffles, pearls, brows and natural colors. I was ver pleased with how the outfit turned out.
Boater hat: Taobao
Capelet: Vintage
Top: Offbrand
Skirt: Handmade from egl sales comm
Boats: Offbrand
Jewellry: All offbrand
Savannah is a very no fuss kind of person so I went with a simple coord. I went with my straw bergere hat for her because it shaded the face and was very much springy but since it was a bit more reserved and old fashioned, unlike boaters hats which match just about any age, I picked my red bustleback dress. I also liked the dress because the bright red reminded me of gingham tableclothes. The shoes are my riding boots and I chose them because they're very comfortable and good for the outdoors.
JSK: BTSSB
Blouse: Anna House
Socks: Offrband
Shoes: Offbrand
Hat: Vintage

When I was planning my outfit I knew one thing for certain, I was wearing that mini straw hat. I bought it last year at Frill and though I really like country lolita, I just have a hard time facilitating it. Never the less, I was determined! I took my other country-ish item, my strawberry socks (which were the first pair of lolita socks I ever bought like....4 years ago, and I barely wear them. ;-;), and made an outfit around them. The pink shoes and dress were the basics because they were the majority color, and I used that blouse to tie in the red in the strawberries in the socks. I wish I had more red to tie into the outfit though. :c
Blouse: Offbrand
JSK: AP
Underskirt: Candy Violet
Socks: Secret Shop
Shoes: Golden Pony
Mini hat: Indie brand of unknown origin

Once we were ready, we packed up our apocalyptically well stocked load into my car and headed off to the park to set up! We got there a good 45-50 minutes early and started laying out our food, and place settings. The weather was lovely that day too; We were under the shade, and there was a breeze. Kendall had bought the most perfect place setting for the picnic too! Since we had picnic tables available we set everything out.
The girls started filing in once the time for it to start rolled around. The first one to get there was a new girl named Caroline! We just had a huge influx of lolitas this past month or two, like 9 people. That doesn't sound like much but when there was about 8 people beforehand its a big jump!

Caroline was an absolute sweet heart. She was so quiet and really just a nice person. It was great to meet her! We kept having to remind her she could go and get food and things. She was nervous about getting up!

Then Erin showed up, she was new too! She made her own skirt and was just getting into lolita. She looked super cute.

Then Angel showed up, and she was super adorable. Angel likes to keep herself a little more private so her face is covered in the pictures. Either way she was presh to death.
We all ate our food and then we took pictures, which I've used so far for everyone's pictures but we also took doubles to match everyone's styles up!

The two classic ladies!
Country Bumpkins. >u<

After the gratuitous pictures we all got together for a game of croquet! I own a really lovely cherry wood set and Kendall asked me to bring it along for the meet up. Kendall won last time and she won again this time! Two time champ!! I was doing really well till the end, and then I fell behind. ;_;
Serious business.
It was such a lovely day and a lovely park. You can see the fields behind us.
Then things got intense...

Shockwave!
Face of a Killer. HA!

 Hadoken!

Oops! It's ok guys, there's enough petticoats to go around, I swear!!
Till next time guys! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment